The RoomMatch Utility RMU208 small-format sound reinforcement loudspeaker is intended for use in high-quality foreground music, under-balcony, zone fill and vocal-range floor monitor applications. The design features a single Bose® EMB2 compression driver to provide mid/high frequency voicing similar to that of RoomMatch full-range array modules. Dual 8-inch woofers provide full-range output and a multi-angle enclosure increases mounting flexibility.
- Award-winning RoomMatch sound – now in smaller 2-way point-source designs for high-level foreground music, under-balcony, zone-fill and vocal-range floor monitor applications.
- Bose EMB2 compression driver – for lower distortion and improved vocal clarity compared to conventional foreground/fill models; also provides consistent mid/high sonic character compared to that of RoomMatch full-range and other RoomMatch Utility models.
- 90° x 60° constant-directivity high-frequency horn – gives wide, even coverage and may be rotated in enclosure.
- 2 x Bose LF8 8-inch woofer – with 2.0-inch extended-excursion voice coil extends response to 70 Hz for lowest vocal range.
- Quasi-3-way passive crossover with separate filters for each transducer – provides more consistent frequency and polar response compared to conventional crossover designs.
- 70 Hz – 16 kHz frequency response and 126 dB maximum peak SPL – deliver the performance required for most demanding applications.
- Flexible mounting with included U-bracket – rear enclosure panel also includes 4 x M8 threaded inserts in 5.0” x 2.75” (127mm x 70mm) pattern to accept third-party accessory mounting brackets.
- Under-balcony and zone fill
- High-quality foreground music
- Stage-front fill
- Vocal-range floor monitor
Frequency Response (+/-3 dB)
80 Hz - 16 kHz
Frequency Range (-10 dB)
70 Hz - 16 kHz
Nominal Coverage Pattern (H x V)
90° x 60° (rotatable high frequency horn)
Power Handling, long-term continuous
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 300 W
AES transducer test⁵: 400 W
Power Handling, Peak
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 1200 W
AES transducer test⁵: 1600 W
Sensitivity (SPL / 1 W @ 1 m)
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 94 dB
AES transducer test⁵: 94 dB
Calculated Maximum SPL @ 1 m
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 119 dB
AES transducer test⁵: 120 dB
Calculated Maximum SPL @ 1 m, peak
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 125 dB
AES transducer test⁵: 126 dB