The RoomMatch Utility RMU206 small-format under-balcony fill loudspeaker features a unique angled baffle enclosure design to minimize the projected height for typical under-balcony and low-ceiling zone-fill applications. The design also features a single Bose® EMB2 compression driver to provide mid/high frequency voicing similar to that of RoomMatch full-range array modules and all RoomMatch Utility models. Two 6.5-inch woofers provide vocal-range output and a rotatable high-frequency waveguide increases mounting flexibility.
- Award-winning RoomMatch sound – now in smaller, 2-way, point-source designs for high-level foreground music, under-balcony, and zone-fill applications.
- Bose EMB2 compression driver – for lower distortion and improved vocal clarity compared to conventional foreground/fill models; also provides consistent mid/high sonic character to that of RoomMatch full-range and other RoomMatch Utility models.
- Minimal height for under-balcony or low-ceiling mounting – unique enclosure baffle design provides minimum projected height for under-balcony or low-ceiling mounted applications.
- 120° x 60° constant-directivity high-frequency horn – gives wide, even coverage and may be rotated in enclosure. Can reduce the number of speakers required for under-balcony applications.
- 2 x Bose LF6 6.5-inch woofers – with extended-excursion voice coils extend response to 80 Hz for lowest vocal range
Quasi-3-way passive crossover with separate filters for each transducer – provides more consistent frequency and polar response compared to conventional crossover designs.
- 80 Hz – 16 kHz frequency response and 122 dB maximum peak SPL – deliver the performance required for most demanding under-balcony and zone-fill applications
- Flexible mounting with included U-bracket – rear enclosure panel also includes 4 x M8 threaded inserts in 5.0” x 2.75” (127mm x 70mm) pattern to accept third-party accessory mounting brackets.
Under-balcony and zone fill
High-quality foreground music
Frequency Response (+/-3 dB)
90 Hz - 16 kHz
Frequency Range (-10 dB)
80 Hz - 16 kHz
Nominal Coverage Pattern (H x V)
120° x 60° (rotatable high-frequency horn)
Power Handling, long-term continuous
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 200 W
AES transducer test⁵: 250 W
Power Handling, Peak
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 800 W
AES transducer test⁵: 1000 W
Sensitivity (SPL / 1 W @ 1 m)
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 92 dB
AES transducer test⁵: 92 dB
Calculated Maximum SPL @ 1 m
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 115 dB
AES transducer test⁵: 116 dB
Calculated Maximum SPL @ 1 m, peak
Bose extended-lifecycle test⁴: 121 dB
AES transducer test⁵: 122 dB