Bose Professional EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers feature proprietary Bose PhaseGuide technology with high-frequency compression drivers to create a new category that combines the room-filling coverage patterns typical of larger surface-mount speakers with the architect-preferred aesthetics of in-ceiling models. Designed to mount near wall-ceiling boundaries, EdgeMax loudspeakers provide improved audio quality and coverage, while reducing the number of required units, compared to conventional dome-tweeter ceiling speakers.
--PhaseGuide technology – provides unique asymmetrical vertical pattern for room-filling coverage when mounting near wall-ceiling boundary.
- Provides improved room visual appearance – for demanding interior designs by eliminating center-of-ceiling or wall-mounted loudspeakers.
- Nominal 180° horizontal coverage – designed for in-ceiling mounting near room corners.
- High-frequency compression driver – for best-in-class audio quality with superior frequency response and coverage consistency versus typical dome tweeters.
- 8-inch woofer – with wall-boundary loading provides extended bass impact.
- 2-way passive crossover with 70/100V transformer.
- New auto-hold, spring-loaded mounting arms – for fast, easy installs.
- Magnetically attached grill – for quick access to wiring and tap settings.
- UL1480A listing – for air-handling (plenum) space installation.
- Retail stores
- Restaurants and bars
- Transportation facilities
- Resorts and hospitality venues
- Houses of worship
Frequency Response (+/-3 dB)
50 Hz - 18 kHz
Frequency Range (-10 dB)
45 Hz - 20 kHz
Long-Term Power Handling
125 W (500 W peak)
Sensitivity (SPL / 1 W @ 1 m)
93 dB SPL
Maximum SPL @ 1 m
114 dB SPL (120 dB SPL peak)
1 x 8-inch woofer
1 x compression driver
8 Ω (transformer bypassed)